Friday, December 10, 2010

You're killing me McCain

I think Brittany makes some good arguments in her post titled You're killing me McCain. While I am not an advocate of the "don't ask don't tell" policy, I sorta understand it's purpose. I can see how some people could feel "uncomfortable" knowing that one of their fellow soldiers is homosexual, but then again, what about women serving along side men? What are the heterosexual soldiers really afraid of? Are they afraid that the gays will come on to them or "touch" them in their sleep? I mean come on... What about allowing women to serve along side the men, straight males like women, so shouldn't they pose a threat as well? To be honest, I think for most people, it would not affect them much. You're always going to have insecure "homophobes" and that's just a part of life, but people should also have the right to live their life how they want to and shouldn't have to "hide" their sexual preferences just because a few people might get bent out of shape over it. If it truly does become an issue with military readiness, then fine, do away with it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment